Collective Vita Software Sales Hit 300K Units

December 22, 2011 -

New data released by Japanese retail research company Media Create reveals that the 20 titles that launched with the PlayStation Vita sold a combined 300,000 units. This happened, according to the firm, in the first two days of Vita's launch. The system sold an estimated 325,000 units in the same timeframe. According to Andriasang - who translated Media Create's numbers, this gives the Vita an attach-rate of around 0.92 games per system. That rate might be a bit higher because these numbers don't take into account games purchased online through PlayStation Store.

Ten Vita games made the weekly Japanese weekly top 50 chart, with sales figures released for the four best-selling titles. These titles included Hot Shots Golf 6 (61, 412 units), Uncharted: Golden Abyss (48,224), Dynasty Warriors Next (29,181), and Lord of Apocalypse (28,742). Hot Shots Golf 6 and Uncharted: Golden Abyss landed at the #7 and #8 spots on the charts, respectively. The list of games that made it into the Top 50, along with their positions, can be found below:

#7 - Hot Shots Golf 6 (61,412)
#8 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss (48,224)
#18 - Dynasty Warriors Next (29,181)
#19 - Lord of Apocalypse (28,742)
#22 - Disgaea 3 Return
#28 - Ridge Racer
#30 - Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru
#43 - Dream Club Zero Portable
#44 - Katamari Damacy Novita
#50 - Shinobido 2

Source: andriasang.com

Posted in

Comments

Re: Collective Vita Software Sales Hit 300K Units

Check your facts GP, and try to proofread. If they sold 25,000 systems (which your article currently states), and they sold 300,000 copies of games, that means that each system was sold with 12 games, not .92 games

Except they actually sold 325,000 systems. Please fix