Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

December 22, 2011 -

According to a 70+ page thread on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums, a number of consumers have found that their copy did not contain an game activation code in the box. This seems to be isolated to some of the rather pricier $150 Collector's Editions of the game.

EA has responded on its message boards, saying that those missing a code should email support@swtor.com with specific details of the problem. Gamers also have to include a scanned copy of their receipt with their email. EA does not say what players who do not have a receipt still should do.

This latest story on Star Wars The Old Republic comes on the heels of complaints about getting into early access and the long queues to get into the BioWare-developed MMOG on some servers.

BioWare has said publicly that they are looking into it and trying to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Source: Gamespot

Posted in

Comments

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

One of our guild members had this problem, and EA fixed it over the phone with him (I forget the phone number). They did have him scan the receipt and email the scan. He said it took him about 15 minutes. They entered one on the account for him while he was on the phone.

Yes, I am a liberal. I also believe in a strong military, less government, and the right to bear arms.

Re: Some SWTOR Retail Boxes Missing Activation Key

They should of stuck to their guns and limited preorders. Another issue not addressed here many people were given codes to put in for Early Access that were claimed by someone else. Bottom line someone got gready and things got screwed fast.

Good game though bought the CE edition no complaints.

ZippyDSMleeI need one of my 70 games to play....mmmmmmmm05/24/2015 - 9:57am
MattsworknameSpent all night playing blood borne, now trapped in the Nightmare frontier and trying to reach the boss so I can maybe warp out again05/24/2015 - 9:21am
MattsworknameYeah, i got started and then made it through t the first few misions anthen blood borne05/23/2015 - 10:13pm
Goth_SkunkWhich one, Dragon Age?05/23/2015 - 8:20pm
Wonderkarpalso waiting patiently for Batman.05/23/2015 - 7:36pm
MattsworknameIn still trying ot beat that game the first time. Freaking game has so much side questing05/23/2015 - 7:34pm
Goth_SkunkPlaying a third and probably final playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Once that's done, I'll move on to AC: Unity, most likely, then get caught up on A-list games I have yet to play, like Murdered: Soul Suspect and Shadows of Mordor.05/23/2015 - 6:33pm
MattsworknameIf you own a vita and like monster hunter, but dont like the bs filler that goes with it. Try tokiden kiwmai05/23/2015 - 6:11pm
Matthew Wilsonaparently their servers got crushed, but I dont see the game selling well. Nintendo fans tend not to be fans of competitive fps05/23/2015 - 5:48pm
MattsworknameSPlatton looks intersting, Love the are style, gonna give the game a try with the upcoming test fire05/23/2015 - 4:39pm
PHX Corp@Technogeek, I'm returning for one more Run with the Global testfire05/23/2015 - 3:41pm
WonderkarpI'm bouncing all over the place but right now I'd say I'm playing Super Mario 64 trying to max out the stars. 2 worlds and 2 secret stars to go05/23/2015 - 1:12pm
TechnogeekReminder: Splatoon Global Testfire returns this afternoon/evening.05/23/2015 - 12:45pm
Andrew EisenA bit busy with my 30 Days of Netflix project but I did play through the first world of New Super Mario Bros. 2 at a sushi restaurant last night.05/23/2015 - 10:59am
MattsworknameSo, whats everyone playing? Im still knee deep in bloodborne, but finaly beat Rom the spider05/23/2015 - 7:20am
Matthew Wilsonmy bad was doing it from my phone.05/22/2015 - 11:34pm