Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

December 28, 2011 -

As part of his Top Five 2012 predictions feature on IndustryGamers, EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich predicted that Grand Theft Auto V will be the top selling game of the year. He even goes so far as to say that it will beat out the next Call of Duty game.

"It goes without saying that GTA V will be one of the year's biggest releases, but I will take it one step farther and say GTA V will be 2012's biggest release," said Divnich.

"Don't get me wrong, Call of Duty will undoubtedly be huge, as it is every year and it may even grow, but if I had to call what will be a photo finish race, I will go with GTA V."

While it's certainly a possibility that GTA V could beat every other game released in 2012, it's hard to bet against a game series that continues to break sales records every year. Then again, this is GTA V we're talking about here. It will be interesting to see if Divnich is better at predicting future trends than his colleagues like Michael Pachter.

Source: IndustryGamers

Comments

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

After how Saints Row The Third turned out, well, it seems a lot of people may return to GTA.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

That's a bold statement, considering there WILL be another Call of Duty next year, and Mass Effect 3 is happening too.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Are we really at this point? Every couple years a new GTA, every year a new Call of Duty? Are we going to reach a point where people get sick of this regurgitated stuff and stop buying these games?

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Call of Duty I can understand, but GTA games at least try to make improvements in every installment.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Agreed, Call of Duty is tired without West and Zampella at the helm. MW3 was a terrible disappointment this year. BF3 trounced it.

PHX Corpok, done http://www.twitch.tv/trustygemtwitch08/31/2015 - 9:19pm
Andrew EisenThat's why I embed the chat box from my Twitch Page. Can't get chat on the YouTube page to work either.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Andrew EisenI do but I haven't seen a way to incorporate viewers to chat without specifically inviting them to the event.08/31/2015 - 8:49pm
Goth_SkunkThough I'm surprised you'd not be familiar with this, Andrew. Do you not use Google Hangouts when you do S.P.A.C.?08/31/2015 - 8:45pm
Andrew EisenGP Movie Night!08/31/2015 - 8:41pm
Big PermEveyone should be too busy with phantom pain to notice GP is down. Hail Vidya!08/31/2015 - 8:40pm
Goth_SkunkBut such a hangout *could* be a neat idea. It could be used, for example, for all us GPers to get together and watch the new FemFreq video, and then discuss amongst ourselves in real time what our thoughts are.08/31/2015 - 8:38pm
Goth_Skunkcacophany of voices all trying to talk at once.08/31/2015 - 8:37pm
Goth_SkunkVideo is entirely optional. The only criticism I have of the hangout system is that I don't believe the moderator has the ability to "give the floor" to any one particular individual. Without mutual respect and tact, a Google Hangout can be reduced to a08/31/2015 - 8:37pm
Andrew EisenWell, I can't stream anything because I'm at work all day (still am).08/31/2015 - 8:28pm
Goth_SkunkIt seemed simple enough to me. During a shift at work I was bored and hopped on a Google Hangout that was GamerGate themed and streamed on YouTube. Granted, I was not the host, but joining in seemed fairly straightforward.08/31/2015 - 8:24pm
Andrew EisenSo, like a space where we can all hang out and chat while the site is down? I can dig it. No idea how to do that though. Is there a way to create a public chat in Google Hangout?08/31/2015 - 8:23pm
benohawk@Goth Thirded, I think the motion carries08/31/2015 - 8:17pm