Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

December 28, 2011 -

As part of his Top Five 2012 predictions feature on IndustryGamers, EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich predicted that Grand Theft Auto V will be the top selling game of the year. He even goes so far as to say that it will beat out the next Call of Duty game.

"It goes without saying that GTA V will be one of the year's biggest releases, but I will take it one step farther and say GTA V will be 2012's biggest release," said Divnich.

"Don't get me wrong, Call of Duty will undoubtedly be huge, as it is every year and it may even grow, but if I had to call what will be a photo finish race, I will go with GTA V."

While it's certainly a possibility that GTA V could beat every other game released in 2012, it's hard to bet against a game series that continues to break sales records every year. Then again, this is GTA V we're talking about here. It will be interesting to see if Divnich is better at predicting future trends than his colleagues like Michael Pachter.

Source: IndustryGamers

Comments

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

After how Saints Row The Third turned out, well, it seems a lot of people may return to GTA.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

That's a bold statement, considering there WILL be another Call of Duty next year, and Mass Effect 3 is happening too.

---You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Are we really at this point? Every couple years a new GTA, every year a new Call of Duty? Are we going to reach a point where people get sick of this regurgitated stuff and stop buying these games?

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Call of Duty I can understand, but GTA games at least try to make improvements in every installment.

Re: Jesse Divnich: GTA V Will Be 2012's Biggest Release

Agreed, Call of Duty is tired without West and Zampella at the helm. MW3 was a terrible disappointment this year. BF3 trounced it.

Poll