Andrew Eisen Video: Humble Bundle Humbug

Andrew Eisen goes out of his way to pay as little money as possible for the latest Humble Bundle promotion in his latest video.

The latest bundle focuses on bringing some Android-based games into the popular series of bundled DRM-free, pay-what-you-want sales. Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Osmos, and EDGE are the games of choice in this latest bundle and – as is always the case with Humble Bundles – you can give a portion of what you pay to either the Child's Play or EFF organizations.. It should be noted that all of the games being offered are also available for PC, Mac and Linux. Find out more at

For more videos from Andrew, check out his YouTube page.

MechaTama31 says:

The question is, will Lisa even realize that it is a takedown?  Her sarcasm detector is clearly broken, if it even exists at all, and now she has to detect it in a block of text.  She couldn't even tell with the obvious visual and tonal cues in the video, so I wouldn't count on her being able to do it now.

Andrew Eisen says:

You're right.

I'm an awful, horrible person.  I realize that now.  Actually, I think I've always known.  My incredibly serious and not-joking-at-all videos are just a facade I put up to shield the scared little boy I still am.  You see, my father was a game developer and he left us (my mom, my sister and I) at a very young age.  He left us with nothing.  We lived in poverty for many years.

I suppose that's why I go out of my way to avoid funding developers; I just can't bear the idea that I'd be giving something of value to someone who took everything of value from me and my family.

I realize now that that's silly.  Not every developer is my dad and deserves to be treated like that.  I've been so blind.  Thanks for showing me the light.

Still, just admitting you're wrong doesn't make things right.  Thank you providing me with instruction on how I can atone.  From here on out, I won't visit any website ever.  Sure, I'll disappoint the thousands that enjoy my work and I'll have to find another source of supplemental income but that's a small price to pay for my gross and flagrant misdeeds.

I also won't play any games I acquire, paid or free.  It's the least I can do to make up for the misery I've attempted to spread over the years.  My game collection will sit out in the open, unused and unplayed.  They will be a constant visual reminder of the obnoxious, self-righteous twat I've been for almost three decades.

Thank you.  Thank you so much for seeing me for what I truly am.  Thank you for allowing me to recognize that I must begin making amends before cosmic karma comes round to bite me in the ass.

You, esteemed user, are one in a million.

With total, humbled sincerity,

Andrew Eisen

Lisa Pham says:

I'm a reasonable type of person and don't normally say things like this, but, Andrew Eisen, you're a prick. Grow up!

If you don't respect Devs for making games for people to have fun with and also that they do need to EAT to say alive (not to mention that people do have the option to help charities too), then don't even visit ANY game site, including the Humble Bundle site…

Also, don't ever play games paid or aquired free. You don't deserve to play games or have fun. Get real life and stop being a jerk.

Andrew Eisen says:

Sorry to disappoint you but I always own up to my gaffes.  I'll tell you though, the one in this video that bugs me the most is towards the end where I say "fer" instead of "for."

Andrew Eisen

MechaTama31 says:

Aww, you're not going to pull a Palin and pretend you were coining a new word, some combination of impudence and impotence perhaps?  I am disappoint…

DorthLous says:

Wait, Lisa Pham, again? What's up with you? Pretty much all the posts you've written that I have read so far have been incredibly poor and usually very aggressive. How about you keep that in check, hmk?

DorthLous says:

No, the right term is *woosh*. First off, grand-parent poster, you missed the end message that clearly stated how it was a sarcastic video. Second, where's your sarcas-o-meter? However, I'll give to you that Andrew commits way too well on this video to that persona and maybe lack both the renown and mastery of Colbert to make it clear just how much it's a parody.

tacc says:

Does anything special happen after 3:00? I stopped watching there because my mind was yelling “POINTLESS!!! Stop wasting your time with watching some guy doing irrelevant stuff while leaving common sense behind, moron! I won’t let you endure this 5 more minutes!” at me.

Andrew Eisen says:

I didn't forget, I omitted it.

Here's a little behind-the-scenes for you.  Originally, the letter from Humble Bundle (which is an edited version of a real email, by the way) included a bit more information on how the whole pricing thing works for each of the payment options.  I ultimately cut most of it out of the script, mainly for pacing reasons.  The video's a bit on the long side as it is.

Andrew Eisen

DorthLous says:

Nice video, Andrew. However, you've laid so thick a sarcasm that you've forgot to tell the few who might not get it why they give you a head's up under 1$:

First off, they eat the cost. Meaning any purchase around 0.01$ COSTS them money.

Secondly, when the Steam Christmas sale was going on, people exploited this 0.01$ level very badly to gain title and exploit the coal trading system (meaning a lot of people who played fair were left with no prize.)