Valve Software's director of business development, Jason Holtman, will deliver the opening keynote for the Evolve conference this summer at Develop in Brighton. His keynote address, "Everyone's Business is Business" will explore how companies and organizations can lay a foundation for making better business decisions and creating better products by nurturing a system where creative content and traditional business functions are not separated.
"Working in a flat, no-management structure means that everyone at Valve drives business, press-relations and marketing decisions in everything Valve does," says Holtman. "This keynote will describe and discuss how many of those decisions were made for various Valve products (such as Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2), Steam features (such as Workshop), and third party games on Steam."
Other sessions planned for Develop in Brighton include:
– 30 Apps in Minutes: Stuart Dredge, Freelance Journalist (Guardian, Sunday Times, The Appside)
– A Whole New Virtual World: Graeme Harvey, Huzutech
– Connected TV Gaming and Second Screen Engagement: Richard Kastelein, Agora Media Innovation
– HTML is a Gaming Platform for Today, Not Tomorrow: Gavin Shields, Turbulenz
– Rising Sun or Fading Star? Dissecting Myths and Identifying Opportunities for Western Developers in Japan Today: Dewi Tanner, Freelance Developer
– The Evolution of Casual Gaming and the Rise of IPTV: Jeff Coghlan, Matmi
Early bird registration for the event ends June 13. You can register for the event at www.developconference.com. Develop in Brighton takes place from July 10-12 at the Hilton Metropole Hotel in Brighton, England.