Advocacy groups Fight for the Future, Democrats.com, The Liberty Coalition, and the Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA), have banded together to create a new website called Privacy Is Awesome, to fight against CISPA and the Senate version of the bill, SECURE IT Act. The site is designed to teach netizens how to defeat the bills in five easy steps:
1. Call your Senators and tell them to oppose Lieberman-Collins bill and CISPA, and ask for a constituent meeting during the Memorial Day recess.
2. Email your Senator's offices about CISPA.
3. Follow-up with your Senators until they plan a constituent meeting.
4. Donate to anti-CISPA organizations.
5. Spread the word. Tell your friends, family and anyone else you can think of about the website, and the fight against these bills.
You can check out Privacy is Awesome for more information on how to fight against CISPA at www.privacyisawesome.com. Privacy is not only awesome it is as American as Apple Pie, Mom, and Baseball. Let's preserve it by letting lawmakers know that, once again, they are on the wrong track when it comes to fighting against cybersecurity threats.
[Full Disclosure: GamePolitics is an ECA publication.]
Source: Death & Taxes