Apparently some XCOM: Enemy Unknown players have declared to 2K Games' Firaxis that easy mode isn't all that easy and that they wouldn't mind something done about it. Firaxis has listened to the community (as detailed in this forum thread) and plans to tone things down a bit with a second patch – release date to be determined.
Besides making the game a lot easier in easy mode across all platforms, the patch will deal with a number of other issues that have cropped up:
- Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
- Interception game hang issues resolved
- SHIV inaccessible issues resolved
- AI Alien Activity Hang resolution
- Multiplayer connectivity optimization
- TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip
- Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.
- Easy Difficulty is now easier.
While 2K has acknowledged an odd bug in the game that gives players the defeat screen after they successfully beat the campaign, this next patch won't deal with the problem. Apparently they need a bit more time to figure out what the heck is going on. From the forum thread:
"Firaxis is currently aware and researching this issue. We got a couple save files (thanks to you guys) on Oct 22nd that they're looking at. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything about it."
2K games has not revealed when they will release the second patch, but when we know we'll let you know…