The National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers (NAVGTR) today revealed the nominees for the 12th Annual 2012 NAVGTR Award nominations. Since 2001, a panel of over 600 trade voters have chosen the best games in over 50 categories, recognizing interactive entertainment industry achievements in the fields of art, technology, and production. While a full list of the nominees can be found here, the organization revealed a handful of the nominees for the top awards including Game of the Year and Lead Performance in a Drama.
This year a panel of 918 video game trade voters determined the nominees through a ranking system. Heading the nomination totals are Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Assassin’s Creed III, The Walking Dead, and Journey. Nominees for the special 'Innovation in Game Technology' award include Gaikai, Gameglobe, Google Native Client NaCl, Sphero, and Symphony.
In addition, Lisanne Pajot and James Swirsky will receive honorary awards for their gaming industry documentary film, Indie Game: The Movie.
Below are a few of the nominees up for several awards:
Nominations for Game of the Year:
– Borderlands 2
– Far Cry 3
– Spec Ops: The Line
– Torchlight II
– The Walking Dead
Nominations for Lead Performance in a Drama:
– Dave Fennoy as “Lee Everett” in The Walking Dead, produced by AMC and Activision.
– Will Yun Lee as “Wei Shen” in Sleeping Dogs.
– Michael Mando as “Vaas” in Far Cry 3.
– Mackenzie Mason as “Cortana” in Halo 4.
– James McCaffrey as “Max Payne” in Max Payne 3.
– Matthew Porretta as “Alan Wake” in Alan Wake’s American Nightmare.
Nominations for Control Design, 3D:
– Far Cry 3
– Halo 4
– Resident Evil 6
– Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
– Tiny & Big: Grandpa’s Leftovers
NAVGTR 2012 Video Game Award winners will be announced at PAX East in Boston on Sunday, March 24, 2013.