Grand Theft Auto V PC Petition Surpasses 450K Signatures

The petition on urging Rockstar Games to port Grand Theft Auto V to the PC has seen a major surge in the last three days, jumping from over 365,000 signatures to over 450,000. Apparently these numbers make it the tenth largest global gaming petition ever too. The petition sat at just over 365,000 signatures a little over three days ago – up from a little over 200,000 signatures in July. also says it was the most viewed petition on in the past week.

All of this is not that surprising given that the game came out on Tuesday and PC gamers are chomping at the bit to play it on their favorite platform. You can find the petition here.

On a related note, the Wii U Grand Theft Auto V petition on now has 5,109 supporters, up from the 4,313 signatures it had earlier this week. You can find it right here.

Rockstar has not publicly commented on either petition.

SpencerRuler says:

I don't doubt that there will be a PC release.

What I don't understand is why I couldn't have been released at the same time as it's console counterparts?

hellfire7885 says:

Well, I guess patience is dead.

I don't remember these damn petitions and, honestly, just rage over any previous GTA game not having a PC release right away.

It's been like this with every GTA release since at least GTA3. Have some damn patience already.

Andrew Eisen says:

Same here.  I would like to play this game too but I have no desire to purchase an extra console just to do so.

Unfortunately, there's little to no doubt that GTA V will see a PC release.  A Wii U release though?  No chance in hell.

Andrew Eisen

Papa Midnight says:

"Rockstar has not publicly commented on either petition."

…and they likely won't, but just know that there are those of us without consoles who would appreciate the opportunity to continue to play the game on the platform on which GTA first began in 1997.

I recognise that this statement may sound snobbish. I'm not a PC gaming elitist (though I do prefer the experience), I just don't wish to purchase any consoles and I would like to play this game.