The IndieCade award winners were announced last week, revealing the best of the best -in the eyes of the judges at least – that the independent gaming scene had to offer so far this year. IndieCade 2013 featured 36 award finalists, with the event's winners announced on Thursday evening (in addition to three more winners of special awards including Audience Choice, Media Choice, and Developer's Choice) during the event's closing ceremonies.
The big winner this year was Quadrilateral Cowboy from Blendo Games, which was honored with the top prize, the IndieCade's Grand Jury Award. Other winners included Nevernaut Games' SlashDash which home the Audience Choice Award; Matt Thorson's TowerFall, which won the Media Choice Award; and Killer Queen, which took the Developer's Choice honors.
The full list of winners can be found below (via Shacknews):
- Grand Jury Award – Quadrilateral Cowboy (Blendo Games)
- Audience Choice Award – SlashDash (Nevernaut Games)
- Media Choice Award – TowerFall (Matt Thorson)
- Developer Choice Award – Killer Queen (Joshua DeBonis & Nikita Mikros)
- Trailblazer Award – Tracy Fullertron (Spiderdance Inc., Director of the USC Game Innovation Lab)
- Special Recognition Award – Porpentine's Twine Compilation (Porpentine)
- Technology Award – Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games)
- Interaction Award – Spaceteam (Sleeping Beast Games)
- Game Design Award – Nidhogg (Messhof)
- Impact Award – Dog Eat Dog (Liwanag Press)
- Story/Word Design Award – Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)
- Visual Design Award – Kentucky Route Zero (Cardboard Computer)
- Audio Design Award – Gone Home (The Fullbright Company)