The Writers Guild of America, West (WGAW) and the Writers Guild of America, East (WGAE) have announced the nominations for outstanding achievement in writing for videogames during 2013. Winners in the videogame and other writing categories will be honored at the 2014 Writers Guild Awards to be held on Saturday, February 1, 2014, at simultaneous ceremonies in Los Angeles and New York. The nominees include the scribes of such hits as Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins, God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, and Lost Planet 3.
In order to be eligible for a nomination games had to be released between December 1, 2012 and November 30, 2013, and feature on-screen writing credits. Credited videogame writers must also be members of the WGA Videogame Writers Caucus at the time scripts were submitted or in the process of applying for membership.
The list of nominees (and writing credits) can be found below:
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN VIDEOGAME WRITING:
• Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Story by Darby McDevitt, Mustapha Mahrach, Jean Guesdon; Lead Scriptwriter Darby McDevitt; Scriptwriter Jill Murray; AI Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood; Scriptwriter Singapore Mark Llabres Hill; Ubisoft
• Batman: Arkham Origins, Narrative Director Dooma Wendschuh; Writer & Senior Narrative Designer Ryan Galletta; Writer Corey May; Warner Bros. Interactive
• God of War: Ascension, Written by Marianne Krawcyzk; Additional Writing Ariel Lawrence; Sony Computer Entertainment
• The Last of Us, Written by Neil Druckmann; Sony Computer Entertainment
• Lost Planet 3, Head Writer Richard Gaubert; Writers Orion Walker, Matt Sophos; Capcom