Devil’s Third a ‘Wii U Exclusive’

Here's a pretty rare occurrence: a game that is not only on the Wii U in the first place but also "only on Wii U." A game being a Wii U exclusive and not a first party title is rarer than catching Bigfoot ordering 12 Big Macs at the McDonald's drive-thru.

Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third will appear exclusively on Nintendo's Wii U console. Itagaki revealed this during an IGN E3 live stream. He said he went solely with Nintendo because it "really understood my vision" and that Itagaki "felt I really had to work with them."

Itagaki is best known as the developer behind the ultra popular fighting franchise Dead or Alive.

While we now know that the game is a Wii U exclusive, we still have no idea when it will be released…

Source: Joystiq

IanC says:

I'll give those idiots buggy, at least the PS3 version was, thanks to a subpar port by SEGA. A patch (which Sony financed, SEGA washed their hands of it) fixed some of the problems tho, and it is certainly very playable.

jedidethfreak says:

I remember when people first heard about this game, it was hailed as the Second Coming of Jesus in video game form.  Now that it's a Wii U exclusive, though, it apparently looks "dumb."

Then again, Bayonetta 2 went through the same thing – before the announcement, all I ever heard was how great Bayonetta was, and how Nintendo platforms would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER get a game like that.  Then, B2 gets announced (and now it's announced that B1 will be ported to the Wii U as well, and you get it for free just for buying B2), all of a sudden it's "generic," "buggy" and "unpopular."

E. Zachary Knight says:

His one rule is simple. Will the game support both PS3 and 360 releases but is not releasing on the WiiU? Then it is on the list.

It doesn't matter if it is coming or not coming to the PC, the XBone or the PS4. He created the list because the WiiU is technologically on par with the PS3 and 360 and thus should see similar support as those systems from 3rd party developers.

E. Zachary Knight
    Divine Knight Gaming
    Oklahoma Game Development
    Rusty Outlook
    Random Tower
    My Patreon

MaskedPixelante says:

I have no idea what his rules for the list are. Ask him how many of the "for everything but Wii U" games are also skipping the PC, because there are some on there.

Andrew Eisen says:

I do get to remove Rainbow Six: Patriots from the list.  I left it on just in case whatever it turned out to be was still coming to PS3/360.  So far as I know, it's not so off the list it comes.

Andrew Eisen

MaskedPixelante says:

You can almost always count on Nintendo being the wild card at E3. Everyone was expecting we'd get a new trailer for Bayonetta 2, but I don't know how many people expected Platinum to say "oh, right, Bayonetta never came to the Wii… well, how about we include a port of the first game IN THE BOX with the sequel, and throw in some Nintendo themed bonus content".