One of the biggest complaints about Battlefield 4 (aside from the fact that it required Origin) was its technical and connectivity issues at launch that prevented many people from playing the popular shooter. The developers of the next Battlefield game – the cops v. robbers-themed Battlefield Hardline – promise that those issues will be kept to a minimum at launch.
Speaking to PSLifestyle, lead multiplayer designer Thad Sasser said that players should "expect great stability at launch."
"A lot of our engineers are participating in the CTE (Community Test Environment), actively helping with the changes going on there," Sasser told PSLifestyle.
"One of the great things about working on this franchise with DICE, is that we're able to take some of these improvements and roll them into the Hardline game," he added. "So expect to see great stability at launch, and anything we can do to improve the player experience, we're going to take that very seriously and try to get that into the game."
Certainly EA doesn't want a repeat of what happened with the launch of Battlefield 4. EA and developer DICE had to suspend DLC development to focus on bugs during the first month of launch.
EA CEO Andrew Wilson recently condemned the BF4 launch as unacceptable.
"For me, the situation we had was unacceptable," he said. "For the team it was unacceptable. We have worked tirelessly since then to make sure the gameplay experience got to where it absolutely should have been at launch and we're focused on that and we continue to deliver value to that player base."
Battlefield Hardline is set for release on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on October 21 in North America, October 23 in Europe, and October 24 in the UK.