Andrew Eisen's latest video illustrates two things: people do not pay attention to the fine print (if they even bother to get to the end of a story where that fine print might be found) and Andrew is in dire need of hair care products - most notably a comb.
In his video Andrew talks about Nintendo's sales number for Mario Kart 8 and how some people accused Nintendo of lying about them in its fiscal year reporting.
You can check out Andrew's latest video to your left. In case you didn't make it to the end of this story, the title is the joke...
On Tuesday morning, Nintendo announced that Club Nintendo is coming to an end and will eventually be replaced by a brand, spanking new customer loyalty program.
Club Nintendo is a service that allows Nintendo players to register their games and complete surveys in exchange for coins that can be redeemed for a variety of digital and physical goods such as downloads of classic games or Nintendo character-themed greeting cards.
Capcom has released a remastered version of the 2002 GameCube Resident Evil remake, but one small change redacts a GameCube specific gag that some fans might notice.
Resident Evil HD offers the same core gameplay and story from the original 1996 PlayStation Resident Evil and the new features added into the GameCube version like new enemies. But one thing the game does not contain is a specific reference to the Nintendo platform.
After a decent six year run, Nintendo announced this morning that its Club Nintendo player loyalty program is coming to an end. For those who love this program, there is at least a silver lining: Nintendo says that it is already working on a new loyalty program to replace it. Players have until the end of March to earn coins, but they will have to spend them before the end of June, the company said in its announcement today.
Life may no longer be worth living in Brazil.
As we reported earlier this week, due to ridiculously high tariffs, Nintendo has stopped selling its goods in Brazil.
Nintendo says that it will no longer sell games and game systems in Brazil because the tariffs on this sector are just too high. While Nintendo says the departure from the market is temporary, the company did not indicate if and when it would return. In an interview with UOL Games, Bill Van Zyll, Nintendo of America's director and general manager for Latin America, said the following:
Nintendo is teaming up with free-to-play and mobile powerhouse GungHo Online to create a specially branded version of the ultra popular mobile title Puzzle & Dragons. The game, Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition for Nintendo 3DS will retain the formula of GungHo's popular game but will also feature several iconic Mario characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Bowser. The game is scheduled for release in Japan on April 29. Nintendo did not say whether the game will be released outside of Japan or not.
Nintendo announced that it has won an appeal at the International Trade Commission related to patent infringement claims made by Creative Kingdoms. The company alleged that Nintendo's Wii and Wii U systems violated several of its patents. an earlier ruling by the ITC side with Nintendo, but the company appealed that decision. This week the ITC reaffirmed its earlier decision, noting that Creative Kingdoms’ patents are invalid and should not have been issued because Creative Kingdoms tried to claim more than the company invented.
Nintendo has won another patent case in a federal court in Seattle, the company announced this week. District Court Judge Robert S. Lasnik found that Nintendo’s Wii system does not infringe on two patents held by UltimatePointer, LLC. Judge Lasnik also found a number of UltimatePointer’s claims invalid, and decided that a trial was not warranted. Judge Lasnik’s decision is in line with a similar decision earlier in the case by Chief Judge Leonard Davis of the Eastern District of Texas, which occurred before the case was transferred to Seattle.
Nintendo announced that the releases of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Amiibo on November 21 are already smashing successes. In fact the company has put these products as some of the best-selling properties in 2014.
Together Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire sold nearly 1.5 million copies during their first ten days of availability in the US at retail and through digital channels. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have performed even better in Japan, with 1.5 million copies sold in just three days.
If you scored most of the first batch of Amiibo figures, consider yourself lucky because Nintendo won't be releasing a second batch of some of the already released figures. In a statement issued to the press, the company confirmed that certain figures in its interactive action figure range had not been restocked after selling out at various retailers.
A number of Super Smash Bros for Wii U owners are reporting a system error has caused some people to accidentally "brick" their consoles. This odd glitch is only happening to a small minority of Wii U owners. According to some users, their system is refusing to play Super Smash Bros and spits out a 160-0103 error code with the Wii U system message: "There is a problem with the system memory. For help, make a note of the error code and visit support.nintendo.com."
An actor named Parker Mills is suing Nintendo. Mills was hired to play the role of the Donkey Kong during a May 24, 2013 event at the Los Angeles Zoo to celebrate the launch of a Nintendo 3DS game, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
Mills’ lawsuit against Nintendo was filed Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court. According to one of his attorneys, Tyler Barnett, Mills - wearing a heavy Donkey Kong costume - was denied breaks and not provided with the required ice pack to cool him down as he talked to zoo guests in the hot sun.
Nintendo and Philips have come to an agreement that pretty much settles a patent infringement case between the two companies filed earlier this year. Philips claimed that, prior to suing Nintendo, it attempted to set up licensing deals for the patents it believed the company was infringing on.. since 2011. Nintendo mostly ignored the company's inquiries (according to Philips' characterization of the situation), causing Philips to sue Nintendo and seek a ban of the company's allegedly infringing products in the U.S.
Nintendo has pulled an obscure 3DS game from its eShop after learning that it contained an exploit that potentially could be used to run unsigned code. Last week a hacker who focuses on Nintendo systems (who goes by the name Smealum) revealed an exploit he calls "NINJHAX," which lets players hack into the 3DS. This is done using a game developed AQ Interactive and published in the west by Ubisoft called Cubic Ninja - which was until recently available on the 3DS eShop.
In an interview appearing in UK paper The Telegraph, Nintendo's most famous game designer Shigeru Miyamoto said that he is not all that interested in having the same games that appear on "other systems" appearing on the Wii U.
While we have been saying that Nintendo's Amiibo NFC figures can be used with multiple Wii U and 3DS games, it appears that they may have some limitations after all. According to a post on the Japanese Amiibo page, the figures can only store data for one game at a time.
"Amiibo can only store data for one read/write compatible game at a time," Nintendo tells consumers on its product page.
According to what Nintendo tells IGN, the company is considering opening up its Amiibo technology to third party game makers so that they can create their own games that utilize it.
As part of its Nintendo Direct event yesterday, Nintendo announced 24 indie titles coming to Wii U and 3DS, including Gone Home, Thomas Was Alone, A World of Keflings, The Swapper and Proun+.
Other notable titles coming to Nintendo platforms include the popular Stealth Inc 2 and Shovel Knight. Some of these games are (obviously) not exclusive to Nintendo's platforms and already available elsewhere.
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata admits that it might be time to end the much maligned practice of region-locking its products. Speaking during a recent Q&A session with investors (as chronicled by this NeoGAF thread), Iwata acknowledged moving towards region-free consoles could be beneficial for the company.
A number of people who enjoy playing Smash Bros 3DS online have found themselves banned... for 136 years! No this isn't Nintendo being heavy-handed with players; apparently it's all due to an odd bug. According to what one programmer posits on this Reddit thread, the bans occurred due to a bug related to the game's ban verification process, he suggests. His theory is that it involves a simple code error in the programming used to determine a player's correct ban length.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) has an interesting report on how Nintendo's end-user license agreement (EULA) for the Wii U is an "agree or else" kind of agreement.
Wii U ain't doing so hot. Two years out and its sold less than seven million units worldwide (as of June 30). Many said, "Wait until Mario comes out! No, not New Super Mario Bros. U, a real 3D Mario game!"
Super Mario 3D World came out last year, sold over two million units (New Super Mario Bros. U sold over four million) and Wii U sold about two million units that holiday. Not great but not bad. Unfortunately, there was no sales momentum and the Wii U only sold about 300k in the next quarter.
Nintendo made a few Super Smash Bros.-related announcements this morning including the fact that the Nintendo 3DS version of the game has sold more than 2.8 million units worldwide - mostly attributed to sales of the game in North America, Europe, and Australia. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS launched on Sept. 13 in Japan, Oct. 3 in the North America and Europe, and Oct. 4 in Australia.
Dan Adelman, the guy that used to be in charge of Nintendo's indie program, was let go by the company in early August. Today we learn from Gamasutra that Adelman is helping developer Tom Happ with Axiom Verge. Adelman says that he is handling the business- and marketing-related stuff for Happ's upcoming game.
Nintendo of Japan today issued a formal apology for banning Super Smash Bros. online players while in the midst of trying to clear up a glitch. The game for 3DS, which launched in Japan Sept. 13, contains a glitch related to item usage in an online game mode that doesn't allow it.
According to multiple reports on the glitch, a number of players found a way to use Princess Peach's special ability to pull and throw her turnip item in the 'For Glory' online mode. The problem is that items are supposed to be disabled.
A number of adult-themed images managed to make their way to the Mario & Luigi Dream Team Miiverse community, before they were finally spotted by administrators and deleted. While none of the images were x-rated, they did show anime and real women with huge breasts in various provocative poses.